The GSLIS Building, located at 501 E. Daniel St., Champaign, IL, is open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on all UIUC business days.
GSLIS PHD/MS/CAS students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 swipe access. Non-GSLIS grad students taking GSLIS courses have 6am-11pm swipe access. Undergrads and non-degree students (e.g. community credit) have access only when the building is open.
- The Resource Access Guide is an overview of the building access, print quotas, and file storage quotas available to different groups of users.
- Accessibility floor plans of the building
- Using your i-card
If you need additional access for a special event or for employment reasons, please contact "Sally Eakin"-seakin, at illinois.edu- in the front office in Room 112.
Obtaining a Key to the GSLIS Building (Key Policy)
Long-term Key Use
- Your supervisor must contact "Sally Eakin"-seakin, at illinois.edu- or one of the front office personnel via email, phone, or in person to authorize the issuance of a key.
- After you have been authorized, a Key Certification Card will be given to you.
- Please clearly print your name and other pertinent information on the card. Make sure to completely fill out the Key Certification Card.
Short-term Key Use
To borrow keys for a short term, i.e., same-day access for rooms 136 or 114, or when checking out the Master Key on the "paddle," you must present either an I-Card or a driver's license before the key will be issued. The identification document that you produce will be held by front office staff until the borrowed key is returned. Failure to produce the required, original documentation will prevent a key from being issued, and photocopies of said documentation will NOT be accepted. Additionally, you must complete the sign out sheet before you depart with the key, and you must log the key return when you are done.