Managing Your University of Illinois Accounts and Passwords
Your username for all these accounts is your NetID. If you don't know your NetID, you can look it up in the online directory at http://illinois.edu/. There are many accounts associated with the University of Illinois. You are permitted to use the same strong password for all accounts. You must set the password for each account before accessing the associated resources.
- Net ID - Used to set the passwords for other accounts (including your GSLIS account) and access services such as the Library Gateway, Campus Webstore, and the Electronic Directory Editor.
- GSLIS - Used to access services such as Moodle, the GSLIS wiki, and computers in the GSLIS building.
- Enterprise - Used to register for classes and financial aid, and to access your student records.
- Active Directory - Used for Exchange Email and Calendar, Lync phones, and the campus wireless network.
- ICS - Used to access Illinois computer labs not located in the GSLIS building.
- UIN - Provides a unique identifying number for your student records. Used in claiming your Net ID.
- My Library Account - Used to manage your library account.
GSLIS Account Services
- Requesting a GSLIS Guest Account
- Leaving GSLIS - If you are graduating, you will lose access to most University of Illinois resources, but you can retain access to your GSLIS account.