Welcome to GSLIS! We want to make the technology you use as simple and stable as possible so that you can focus on your studies. That being said, problems will occur and you may need support from time-to-time. We hope you will quickly discover that we are the friendliest support staff you have ever met, and that you can come to us with just about any question you can think to ask!
Before you come to campus:
- Claim your Net ID. You will need your Admit ID (found in your admission letter) and your University ID Number.
- Set your Active Directory and Instructional Computing Services passwords.
- Set your Enterprise password.
- Set your GSLIS password.
- Log in to your University of Illinois email account and either check it regularly or have it forwarded.
- Log in to Moodle, the GSLIS intranet.
- Check with the GSLIS Help Desk if you need assistance!
When you arrive on campus:
- Become familiar with our building facilities and hours.
- Get access to a computer in the GSLIS building.
- Get your mobile device on the wireless network.
- Learn how to print in the GSLIS building.
- Let the GSLIS Help Desk know if you have any questions!
Learn more about technology resources:
- Review the GSLIS technology tutorials.
- Learn more about your Illinois and GSLIS accounts and passwords.
- Review the GSLIS Mailing Lists and Discussion Forums.
- Learn how to check out laptops and audio/visual equipment.
- Set up your Illinois Box.com file storage.
- Look into Lynda.com through the University of Illinois.
- Download free and discounted software through the University of Illinois Webstore.
- Look into discounted hardware through the University of Illinois Tech Zone.
- Come say hello to the GSLIS Help Desk!