In accordance with the Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act of 2008, lecture transcripts are available upon request. Please contact email@example.com with your request. We ask that you allow 2 weeks for transcription and we reserve the right to ask for more time, depending upon limited captioning capacity.
Some sessions are available only to current GSLIS faculty, staff, and students.
"At the Nexus of Digital Information, Psychology, and Society: Opportunities and Future Prospects"
Masooda Bashir, Ph.D., Information Trust Institute, Coordinated Science Lab, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Audio Recorded 5/10/13
Windsor Lecture Series: “Inquiry in the Digital Age”
Barbara Stripling, ALA President-Elect, Assistant Professor of Practice at Syracuse University, and former Director of Library Services for NYC Public Schools
Abstract and speaker biography
Audio Recorded 4/17/13
LIS Methods Roundtable: Interviews and Focus Groups
Panelists: Emily Knox, GSLIS assistant professor; Kathryn La Barre, GSLIS associate professor; and Sarah Williams, life sciences data services librarian at Funk ACES Library.
Audio Recorded 4/15/13
2012 GSLIS Research Showcase
March 29, 2013
- Introduction: J. Stephen Downie, Allen Renear, and Peter Schiffer | Audio
- Reading Practices and Intellectual Freedom Research: Emily J. M. Knox | Audio | Slides
- Site-Based Data Curation at Yellowstone National Park: Carole Palmer, Virgil Varvel, Bruce Fouke, Ann Rodman, Sayeed Choudhury, Andrea Thomer, Karen Baker, Abby Asangba & Karen Wickett | Audio | Slides
- Building Digital Communities, CDI as a Catalyst for Change: Jon Gant, LaEisha Meaderds & Shavion Scott | Audio | Slides
- A "Mixed" Bag: Searching for Hapa Characters in Youth Literature: Karla Lucht | Audio | Slides
- Connecting: Adding an Affective Domain to a Cognitive Information Behavior Theory: Nicole Cooke | Audio | Slides
- HathiTrust Research Center: New Frontiers in Digital Scholarship: J. Stephen Downie, Craig Willis & Kahyun Choi | Audio | Slides
- The Significance of Time and Place: Preserving Virtual Worlds and Carmen Sandiego: Rhiannon Bettivia | Audio | Slides
- GSLIS at the Text REtrieval Conference—Retrieving and Filtering Real-Time Data: Miles Efron | Audio | Slides
- Children, Critics, Comics & the Researcher: Carol Tilley | Audio | Slides
- Closing Remarks and Questions | Audio
LIS Methods Roundtable: Survey Research
Panelists: Kate Williams, GSLIS Assistant Professor; Jenny Emmanual, Digital Services and Reference Librarian; Virgil Varvel, CIRSS Research Analyst and GSLIS Adjunct Faculty Member
Audio Recorded 3/04/13
2013 Gryphon Lecture
"Paradoxically Speaking: Just One of the Ways Children's Folktales Engage Listeners"
Brian Sturm, Associate Professor, Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Audio Recorded 3/01/13 | Slides
“Critical Cultural Informatics: Twitter and Black Discourse”
André Brock, GSLIS alumnus, PhD ’07
Presented as part of Black Geek Week
Sponsored by the Inclusions and Exclusions Reading Group
Audio Recorded 2/19/13