GSLIS faculty, staff, and students are involved in numerous collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects. In Fiscal Year 2013, current grant-funded research totaled over $10 million in award dollars. We routinely receive grants from funders such as National Science Foundation, Institute of Museum and Library Services, The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and Library of Congress, among others.
- Read more about the major areas of faculty research and doctoral specialization.
- Browse our list of ongoing research projects.
- Find a research group in which to participate
- See the various organizations and individuals who comprise our research partners, including our corporate partners.
- Visit the Research Services page to learn about support for GSLIS research activities, including grant proposal development, project planning and management, and research computing.
- Find out what's going on in the Center for Children's Books, a non-circulating collection of more than 16,000 recent and historically significant trade books for youth, birth through high school, plus review copies of nearly all trade books published in the U.S. in the current year.
- The Center for Digital Inclusion fosters inclusive and sustainable societies through research, teaching, and public engagement about information and communication technologies (ICT) and their impacts on communities, organizations, and governments.
- Find out more about the work of the GSLIS Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship, which conducts research on the use and impacts of information resources and tools in scientific and scholarly inquiry.